WJSU-FM has an immediate opening for a creative news producer/multimedia journalist. In this role, you will be responsible for, hosting NPR’s Morning Edition on WJSU-FM and the day-to-day production of the station’s newscasts. You will work with management to determine the content and flow of the newscasts, generate and write stories, and also develop content for the station’s web site and social media platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
- Serves as WJSU reporter for local and national news programs, presenting local news and feature reports in the public radio style.
- Compile stories and live, on-air presentation of local content for news programs. This will be a combination of in-studio production, interviewing (some live), coverage of special news assignments as directed, working with technical equipment related to broadcasting.
- Must posses sharp news judgment
- Excellent technical skills
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Ability to write and edit your own stories
- Ability to work well independently
- Previous news producing experience at a public or commercial radio, Television station, or social media platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by Station Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- BA Degree and minimum of three years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record in gathering news, anchoring/reporting, writing scripts as well as interviewing and production.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and producing both short and long form news content (Ability to use desktop editing, studio production equipment, and reporter field kit).
- Must be able to handle a variety of activities, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Contribute to fundraising and community engagement activities as directed by management.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are a must in this position.
- Digital reporting experience.
For more information, click HERE.