WFSU Public Media (TV & Radio), located in Tallahassee, Florida, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill it's Reporter/Producer position in the WFSU-FM News Department. WFSU Public Media is the local PBS, and NPR station for Northern Florida and Southern Georgia and is a licensee of Florida State University. The WFSU-FM Reporter/Producer position is responsible for the production of daily news and public affairs stories/features for radio broadcast. This position may also be required to host local programs on occasion, with a focus on local government and events. Major responsibilities of this position include:
- Researching, writing, reporting and producing news stories for WFSU-FM programs for local and statewide distribution. Generating ideas and producing coverage with an emphasis on local news.
- Adhering to the Radio Newsroom policy of accuracy, fairness, balance and high production standards.
- Keeping current on issues of importance and interest to WFSU-FM listeners.
- Working with WFSU news interns to provide production and reporting assistance as necessary.
- Providing support for special events coverage as needed and assigned by the WFSU-FM News Director. Producing special elements for these productions as assigned.
- Responsible for editing, posting and formatting stories for news.wfsu.org
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of at least two years of experience in reporting/producing. The candidate must also have experience in all of the areas indicated below in order to be considered for this position. Minimum Qualifications of this position include:
- Experience with the ethics, rules, and procedures of journalism.
- Experience operating a variety of radio production and remote location equipment.
- Experience writing and producing news/feature/public affairs segments for broadcast.
- Experience editing and/or proofreading information in various formats.
- Knowledge of the standards, principles, trends and practices of radio production.
- Knowledge of the current media technology and trends.
- Must be willing and able to adhere to the newsroom policy of accuracy, fairness, balance and high production standards.
- Must be willing and able to adhere to all WFSU and FCC standards/policies.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must have the ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Must have a valid Florida or Georgia Driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check prior to hire.
**Resume, Cover Letter & 3 Work Samples are required with each candidate's employment application. The work samples provided can be any type: written, audio, video or a combination. The requested documents should be uploaded as attachments and submitted with the official FSU Jobs Employment application. All files uploaded must be in either a Word or PDF format. A single document with direct links to all three work samples can be provided.
This is a full time salaried position which includes a wonderful benefits package! The anticipated salary range is high 30's-low 40's, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more details about this exciting opportunity and for information on how to apply, visit: www.jobs.fsu.edu. Browse Job Openings/ Job ID # 42827. All applications must be received by 01/17/18 in order to be considered for this position. WFSU/FSU is an Equal Opportunity, Access, Affirmative Action, Pro Disabled, and Pro Veteran Employer.