WDET-FM in Detroit seeks a General Manager who will provide leadership for WDET team members and will direct, plan, develop and manage the overall operations of radio station WDET-FM to provide the highest possible quality programming service to the metropolitan area while promoting the University. This role has a strategic focus on audience and revenue growth, budget management as well as fundraising and stewardship for the station. Apply by September 8.
- Strategic Leadership & Direction.
- Personnel Management.
- Fundraising & Business Development.
- Programming & Audience Development.
- Business & Financial Management.
- External Relations & Strategic Partnerships.
NOTE: For more detail on the Essential Functions of the position, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs/f27mg.
Experience: Expert (established subject matter expert, 7+ years-experience)
- Significant senior leadership experience at a non-profit media organization or similarly relevant and competitive environment.
- Considerable experience in developing and leading the implementation of strategies that have resulted in measurable growth and impact.
- Direct fundraising experience, including personal experience developing proposals and securing major gifts and grants.
- Experience reporting to, serving on, and managing both governing and advisory boards preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. (Hiring/building diverse teams and reaching/serving diverse audiences).
- A track record of developing strategic partnerships and working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Public media experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong personnel management skills, particularly in the area of change management and performance management.
- Proven ability to build, lead, mentor and coach diverse teams and build organizational alignment.
- High level of business and financial management skills including forecasting, strategy development, budget planning, contract negotiation, and compliance management /ethical/transparency.
- Highly adaptable, resourceful and entrepreneurial; creative, data-driven problem solver with well-developed analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including an ability to adapt style to various audiences and build rapport with diverse stakeholders.
- Understanding and appreciation of new and emerging technologies and their application in transforming services and business operations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the mission of public media. Passion for independent, community-based journalism and cultural programming strongly preferred.
- Helpful to understand urban environments, particularly Detroit.
- Ability to make connections with Detroit community and business leaders.
HOW TO APPLY
Wayne State University/WDET has retained Livingston Associates to assist in this search. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the full job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs/f27mg.
Apply by Sept 8.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Wayne State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer