WBFO, the largest and most respected radio news room in Western New York seeks s an innovative Managing Editor that will help grow our award-winning newsroom while continuing to build our reputation for the highest journalistic standards in long term in-depth reporting on critical community issues.
The Managing Editor must have an ardent interest in creative story-telling across many platforms. As a leader in collaborative journalism involving multi-partner news desks and funded projects, enthusiasm for collaboration is a must for this position. You’ll need to be engaged with social media and have experience developing new content, from in-depth podcasts to investigative reporting projects.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a passion for the ever changing news media landscape and how to manage the distribution of content across all digital platforms.
- Effectively lead a team of multi-skilled journalists to ensure the highest journalistic standards and public service ethics are met.
- Possess excellent writing and story editing skills.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field.
- 4+ years’ experience as a reporter or editor.
- Demonstrated management experience and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop and report on complex stories / issues.
WNED | WBFO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
WNED | WBFO
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263