Location: Houston, TX
Position: Full time / Exempt
The Newscaster writes and delivers live newscasts for Texas stations. The Newscaster is responsible for creating three newscasts each weekday, ensuring that content is refreshed as news warrants and stories are updated as they develop. They conduct interviews, collect sound, write copy and announce live and recorded versions of the stories for air. The newscaster also reports statewide stories and produces spots for use in local and national newscasts and generates content for digital platforms.
- Organize, craft, and anchor live newscasts.
- Report daily stories for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Collect audio and write scripts for newscasts and stories for digital platforms.
- Work collaboratively with stations across Texas and with a national newscast.
- At least two years in journalism.
- Experience as a newscaster.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills for both audio and digital platforms.
- Polished broadcast presentation and sound.
- Strong news judgment, ensuring fairness and accuracy, and adhering to ethical standards.
- Commitment to showcasing diverse voices and viewpoints.
- Ability to turn material quickly and respond to breaking news.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance required for assignments/activities that involve work outside of the office.
- Must maintain a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; media or journalism degree preferred
- Public media experience, particularly in newscast production.
- Experience working in collaborative organizations.
- Spanish-language skills are a plus.
***Position may be eligible for relocation.
To apply for this position, click on the following link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/ed220dcf