The deadline to enter the 2019 PRNDI Awards competition is Friday March 1 at Midnight Eastern Time. We thought this might be a good time to answer some questions about the awards competition.
- Who can Enter? The PRNDI Competition is open to local public radio stations and formal collaborations (like LJC's and RJC's). For the podcast category only, the contest allows independent producers to enter as well.
- How much does it cost? Entries for PRNDI Member stations are $50 per entry and $30 for student entries. If your station is not a PRNDI member, the entry fee is $75 per entry and $30 for student entries. If you are not sure of your membership status, or wish to renew your membership, you can contact Christine at email@example.com.
- How many entries can I make? There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit in any category.
- If a piece aired on the station, then was edited for air on a network, is it eligible? The original piece prior to a national edit would be eligible for the local categories. The piece that aired nationally would only be eligible for the nationally edited categories.
- Can I enter student work? We have four student-specific categories and we encourage work by students to be entered. In fact, any students who win a first or second place in those categories is eligible to compete for one of our student scholarships. Learn more about those HERE.
- Can work done by an independent producer be submitted? Yes - but it must be submitted through the station on which it aired. If you are a freelancer or independent producer, you'll have to work with your station's news department to have the work submitted. You should also keep in mind that all awards go to the station, not to individuals.
- Our station has never entered before. How do we get involved? If you don't find your organizaiton listed in the contestant list, you will need to reach out to Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your station added. We'll need the following information: name of the station (this is what will appear on plaques if you win any awards), name of the contest administrator (this is the main point of contact for your station), email address of contest administrator, phone number, mailing address, division (this is your station size based on the number of full-time folks in your newsroom - see the awards guidelines to determine your division).
- Can I enter the same story in more than one category? Yes, you will just need to pay an entry fee for each time you enter that piece.
- Can more than one person from the station submit entries? Yes. The contestant manager from the station can set up "Authorized Entrants" who can submit entries under the station's account.
As always, if your question is not answered here, or if you are having trouble, you can contact Christine directly for assistance at email@example.com or call 605-490-3033.