Mississippi Public Broadcasting is looking for seasoned producer to fill the position of Executive Producer for our award-winning weekday radio news and public affairs program Mississippi Edition. The program provides an in-depth focus and discussion on local and statewide issues. This position is expected to generate program ideas, book guests for interviews, and conduct background research to produce unique, distinctive and outstanding content. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with excellent writing and organizational skills and capable of working across multiple media platforms.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Demonstrates sound news judgement and the ability to produce compelling public radio style content.
- Book guests and generate creative segment/program ideas for a statewide audience.
- Writes and edits copy for web and social media and engages with audiences through social media.
- Attend news planning meetings and actively generates compelling story ideas.
- Other duties may include producing coverage of special news events, conducting interviews and the ability to operate broadcast audio equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants may email resumes to email@example.com