The General Manager (GM) - KBCS is a full-time exempt administrator with overall responsibility and authority concerning the operations and activities of KBCS-FM. The GM ensures that KBCS fulfills its mission and financial objectives, formulates and executes long-term institutional strategy, recruits, and mentors and supervises staff. The GM reports to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement, provides strategic value to fundraising, and is primary spokesperson to the College and industry.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
• Upholds and safeguards the station's vision and mission for the future of the organization and implements a measurable plan for achieving it
• Oversees broadcast training classes as needed or required. Encourages innovation across all levels of the station
• Participates in departmental staff meetings and otherwise acts as liaison between the station, Institutional Advancement, and BC
• Oversees the proper management and maintenance of all broadcast-related equipment at KBCS-FM
• Participates with Bellevue College Foundation in all revenue-raising efforts
• As a member of the Institutional Advancement (IA) leadership team, the GM works in tandem with the IA division to formulate the annual budget and manage expenditures to meet budget constraints. Provide procedures and support for fiscal management of station operations that conform to college policies and procedures
• Ensures that KBCS operates within relevant regulatory parameters and complies with grant, funder, and other external requirements, as well as all relevant state and federal laws and College policies and procedures
• Actively represents KBCS and its stakeholders on campus, in the local and larger broadcast, journalism, and music industry communities. Initiates productive partnerships, promotes the brand and market position of the station, and attracts significant new advocates and contributors
• Leads a fully functioning multi-platform media station with a focus on growing revenue and audience
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent of education and/or experience in marketing, journalism, communications, non-profit management, or a closely related field
• Five years progressively experience in senior leadership role of a public or commercial broadcast or webcast transmitting
• Two years' experience for fiscal operations of a broadcast or webcast business operations which may include serving as general manager or budgeting, accounting, bookkeeping, reconciling, reporting and/or auditing. Experience may overlap with other required experience
• Two years' experience hosting a broadcast or webcast
• Two years' experience using audio editing and/or automation and/or traffic software
• Two years' supervisory experience
• In depth knowledge of public media, community broadcasting and education
• Experience with fundraising and underwriting activities
• Effective organizational, and communication skills
• Experience working in a collaborative environment with diverse employees and customer/client groups
• Working experience as general manager of a public radio station or substantially equivalent entity
• Experience in recruiting, training, scheduling and supervising on air volunteers
• On-air fundraising skills
• Solid audio editing skills
• Content Management Systems (CMS) experience
• Experience with responsible roles in effective fundraising, such as membership campaigns, capital campaigns, grant proposal writing and/or planned giving
Applications received by 5/31/19 will be given full consideration. The Search Advisory Committee plans to conduct interviews between June 6 and June 7, please hold these days for possible interviews. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Salary - $74,292.00 - $89,150.00 Annually
Location - Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type - Exempt
Division - Institutional Advancement
Job Number - R19045
Not Eligible for Overtime
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the supplemental questionnaire
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter addressing how you meet or exceed qualifications (max 1 page)
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs)
To Apply, visit: