The Senior Director and Chief Content Officer will be the leader of development, creation, and marketing of all content projects at a consistently evolving, community-centric public media organization. This leader is an integral, valued member of the CEO/ Executive Director's Senior Leadership Team, and is responsible first and foremost for ensuring that the Arkansas Educational Television Network (AETN) has the content needed to make the network a strong, viable, and relevant content distribution service for viewers, AETN members, and other stakeholders. This individual will provide strategic and business leadership and editorial vision for AETN content, marketing, engagement, programming, and production services. This position oversees all content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive growth in AETN’s viewership and membership.
Skills/Abilities and Characteristics:
- A high-energy thought leader who is comfortable with new opportunities and can anticipate and lead new initiatives.
- Attention to detail and pride in high-quality execution of projects.
- Possesses an appreciation for the mission and history of public media, but has an excitement and understanding of where media is heading.
- Ability to build direct and deep relationships with the audience.
- A deep understanding of where marketing and engagement are going.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization, with a complex network of internal/national and external/local relationships.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, gaining buy-in and bringing people together to achieve goals.
- A proven track record of collaborating across departments, with peers and with colleagues/stakeholders outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated capacity to juggle multiple projects.
- Superior oral and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment.
- Ability to develop plans, capture and analyze data, summarize findings and implement actions.
A minimum of 10 years in television/documentary production or similar content creation is required.
For more details, including a list of Minimum Education / Training Requirements, Preferred Experience, as well as Essential Duties, please visit the posting at http://liv.jobs.
HOW TO APPLY:
AETN is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
Arkansas Educational Television Network is the statewide PBS provider for Arkansas. For more than 50 years, AETN has served all Arkansans with local storytelling, public affairs programming, educational resources for educators and learners, and PBS programming for all ages. We are a media company that understands user viewing habits are changing. Under fresh leadership, the organization has embarked on a reinvention and reimagining of itself for the 21st Century, and will invest in strategies for digital media with local content partners, VOD distribution, audience development and community engagement as well as Increased revenue through online fundraising and philanthropic giving. We know how important it is to listen and engage audiences through events, advisory groups, and research.
At the centerpiece of AETN’s work is a significant education effort, ArkansasIDEAS Learning Media System, providing digital on-demand professional development training for more than 45,000 Arkansas teachers.
AETN is committed to a culture of excellence focused around telling local stories to Arkansans and to the world, through broadcast television, social media, on-demand streaming, over-the-top devices, and other future platforms yet to emerge.
Learn more, visit http://www.aetn.org/.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates